Goodbye, Nail Fungus
Onychomycosis, or nail fungus, is an infection of the toenail in which the nail changes in color, thickness, and quality. In addition to causing an unhealthy appearance, this can be painful and cause difficulty walking. Thankfully enough, laser treatment for nail fungus is safe, quick, and highly effective, and most patients are able to be clear of their infection with only one or two treatments. Laser procedures for nail fungus are proven to be a much safer and more effective method when compared to oral medications or topical creams.
One of the key aspects of eradicating nail fungus is to ensure that the laser energy is able to fully penetrate into the nail bed. This area needs significant heating to ensure the fungal material is destroyed, which requires a deep-heating and powerful laser. The Aerolase Neo Elite offers you the ideal laser for such treatment. After your treatment, you’ll be able to resume your normal, daily activities without any kind of downtime or recovery period. Your results won’t be immediate, as it takes anywhere from three to 12 months for the new, non-infected nail to grow.
It is recommended that patients follow these steps to avoid reinfection:
- Apply an antifungal cream for two weeks following your procedure
- Always spray the insides of your shoes at the end of the day with an antifungal spray
- Avoid wearing shoes for two consecutive days
- Use Steri-Shoe ultraviolet shoe sanitizers
- After two weeks, spray your feet or fingers with anti-fungal spray on an ongoing basis
- Change your sheets the first night after each treatment
- Cleanse the floor of your shower before the next use with a cleanser that includes bleach
- Cleanse all nail instruments with bleach before using them again
- Throw out any nail polish previously used on your nails
- Exercise caution in public areas like hotel rooms and public showers