As part of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare (CMS) Meaningful Use requirements, healthcare facilities must provide electronic access to a patient’s health records.
The EMA patient portal provides patients with secure access to their health records for patients and/or their Account Representative.
The Patient is REQUIRED to have a Valid Email.
Patients who have an email address on file have access to the patient portal.
- Once the portal is enabled, the patient will receive instructions on creating a password via email from EMA directly.
- Patients or Account Representatives can access the portal by visiting URL: cdnj.ema.md
- You will be directed to a secure log in page that will give you access to your health records.
- Enter the username and the password provided to you via email.
What information can I obtain online?
Patients can access their health record which includes their contact, insurance, and pharmacy information along with the past medical history, medication list, allergies, and clinical summaries of visits.
Is the site secure?
Certificated Dermatology maintains electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental loss, use, alteration or destruction. Certified Dermatology is aware of, and complies with, relevant laws and regulations regarding personal data.
Who has access to my health records?
Your healthcare professional and clinical support staff have access to your health records for the purpose of providing healthcare services.
What do I do if I have a question about information in my health record?
Your questions are very important to us therefore please speak with your healthcare provider during your next visit with questions.
With our patient portal, patients can…
Enjoy a seamless, convenient experience:
- Easily navigate our clean, friendly interface
- Log into the healthcare portal from their computer
- Request refills with just a few clicks
Easily access key information:
Review, input and edit:
- Past medical history
- Family and social history
- Preferred pharmacy
- Contact information
- Visit notes
- Educational handouts
- Test results
Be more involved in the healthcare process:
- Communicate with your practice around the clock via encrypted online messaging
- Save time by quickly updating their info from home before a visit
- Have representatives access the portal on their behalf if they’re underage or disabled
- Gain a deeper understanding of their health and how to improve it